Most of the drilling was done in a small part of the Pelham Zone. Initial resource estimate of ~300,000 oz of gold by Fladgate Exploration Consulting's 3-D modelling was based on 12,000 metres drill core data in this Zone. The 3-D model assumes a specific gravity of 2.7 for all rocks, at a head grade of 1.6 g/t Au, using a 0.5 g/t cut-off grade, in the different grade shells. This initial resource estimate was developed for targeting purposes, and it is not National Instrument 43-101 compliant.
Highlights of drill results from historic work and the recent drilling by Teck (2007 and 2008) and Laurentian Goldfields (2011) include:
- 113.0 m @ 1.72 g/t Au (88-10)
- 60.30 m @ 1.46 g/t Au (88-05)
- 55.25 m @ 2.19 g/t Au (TC08-11), including 1 m @ 37.5 g/t Au, 9.34 m @ 7.91 g/t Au and 21.73 m @ 4.63 g/t Au
- 29.66 m @ 0.77 g/t Au including 9.04 m @ 2.20 g/t Au (TC08-09)
- 68.8 m @ 1.55 g/t Au (TC11-001)
- 81.0 m @ 1.31 g/t Au (TC11-006)
The highest grade from historical drilling returned up to 192.7 g/t gold over 0.55 meters.
(Click on image to view)